Nguyen Thanh Chuong
Biography of artist
- 1949: Born in Bac Ninh Province (19/1/1949)
- 1960: Entered the Hanoi Fine Art College
- 1974: Worked as the painter, illustrator for Thong Nhat journal
- 1975: Up to now, Work as main painter for Van Nghe weekly, the only weekly journal of Art and Literature of Viet Nam
- Ever since he started drawing at age 6, Thanh Chuong’s passion and special talent have been recognized with countless awards.
- EXHIBITION, AWARDS:
- 1956: The fist work Alluber cock- good prize in painting competition of international children, England.
- 1973: The third prize of Ha Noi painting exhibition.
- 1974: Exhibition of illustration for Publications in Ha Noi
- 1985: National painting exhibition in Ha Noi
- 1987: Ha Noi artist Group painting Exhibition
- 1988: Ha Noi artist painting Exhibition – Hanoi Fine Art museum
- 1994: Painting exhibition China Asian art, painting Exhibition in Hong Kong, the second prize for Graphics by the Plastic Artists Association of Viet Nam Solo painting Exhibition- Red River Gallery, Ha Noi.
- 1995: Exhibition of Viet Nam contemporary Art, Royal College of art, London, England.
'' Exhibition “Viet Nam open” – Copenhagen, Denmark''
'' Exhibition of paintings, Yokohama, Japan''
- 1996: Painting exhibition, Seoul, Korea
'' Exhibition of Hanoi Painting- Centre of introduction and Change for Arts in Hanoi''
'' Ten Hanoi’s Artists Exhibition – Nam Son gallery. Hanoi''
- 1997: Exhibition “A moment from Ha Noi”, Duc Minh Gallery. Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
''Exhibition “The changing face of Hanoi” – Hong Kong''
“Viet Nam selectin” – Nam Son Gallery, Hanoi''
“Contemporary Art in Hanoi” – Hanoi & Osaka, Japan''
“Aspiration” – Daewoo hotel, Hanoi & Nam son Gallery, Ha noi''
- “Thanh Chuong’s paintings”, Viet Nam gallery, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
- “Vietnamese Sensibility”, Hien Minh Gallrey, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
“Gold paintbrush” – Faber Foundation, Castell, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
“Nostalgia – Sofitel Metropole Hotel & Red River Gallery, Ha Noi''
“A new morning”, the Hanoi Fine Arts College.''
- 1998: Exhibition “With Heart & Soul & Mind” – World Art Centre, SoHo, NewYork
“Vision from Hanoi” – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- “Vietnamese sensibility” – Germany
- “Vision from Vietnam” – Prudential’s collection
- Five contemporary Vietnamese Painters -Vinh Loi Art Gallery, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- 1999: “Celebration of life” – Lon Don, England
'' Exhibition of intonations – Korea''
“The color of Vietnam” – New World hotel, Vinh Loi Gallery, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam''
“The 4th Vietnamese contemporary Art Exhibition – Art U Gallery, Osaka Japan''
''The Exhibition Vietnamese Painting – Seoul Korea''
''Two contemporary Vietnamese painters Exhibition – Katkamasu & Tokyo, Japan''
“The lacquer world of Thanh Chuong” – Nam Son Gallery Hanoi''
“Thanh Chuong’s lacquer painting” – Art U, Osaka, Japan''
- 2000: Exhibition in Switzerland
- 2001: Painting “Lover” was chosen by United Nations to make stamp and symbol for the year of Volunteers.
- 2002: Group Exhibition – Jakarta, Malaysia
Group Exhibition – Belgium
- 2006: Solo Exhibition – consulate of Vietnam, Sanfransico, USA
Group Exhibition – Victoriano Palazo, Rome, Italia
Completed his biggest art work – an installation, live museum named “Thanh Chuong Viet Nam’s art soul”
- 2007: “good morning Vietnam, Good morning Korea “Art Exhibition – Samsung cultural Exchange Centre, Seoul Korea
- 2008: Exhibition in Hanoi Fine Art museum
- 2009, 2010: Participate in various exhibition in Vietnam and oversea.
- 2012 – 2014 : Solo exhibitions in “Thanh Chuong Viet Palace”.
- 1973: 3rd class prize HaNoi Fine Arts Exhibition
- 1974: prize of international Graphics in Crecholovakia
- 1980: Award 1st class prize for illustrations by Van Nge the literature and art magazine
Commission this artist to create a custom piece for your home. Email us what you’re looking for. We’ll speak with the artist and get back to you with details and a price quote.