Dang Phuong Viet
Biography of artist
DANG PHUONG VIET
- Born in 1972 in Hanoi – Vietnam.
- Member of Hanoi Young Artist’s Club and Hanoi UNESCO Fine Art Centre.
- Graduated from Hanoi Fine Arts University.
Selected Exhibition and Awards
- 1998: Have works displayed in the exhibition of Vietnamese students in the US and awarded a prize with the painting “Portrait of an H’Mong Young Girl“.
- 2000: Graduated from Hanoi Fine Arts University with High Distinction.
- Awarded prize by Hanoi Fine Arts Exhibition.
- 2001: Participated in the Exhibition of Young Artist’s Paintings and awarded prize of the Vietnam Fine Arts Association with the painting “Vuong Trau”.
- Participated in the Asia – Pacific Exhibition and awarded prize with the painting “The return”.
- Participated and certificated by ASEAN Fine Arts Awards with the painting “Ceremony of Denying Predestined Affinity “.
- Personal Exhibition in Hanoi.
- 2002: Participated in the Exhibition of Hanoi UNESCO Fine Art Centre.
- Awarded a prize of the Vietnam Fine Art Association with the painting “Shadow of Lotus Lake “.
- 2003: Participated in the Exhibition “One square Meter” of Hanoi Fine Arts Association of Young Artist.
- Group exhibition: Yue lian kai - Blossoming Viet Nam PADMA in Singapore
- 2004: Participated In the Exhibition in Sweden with two painting: "White Lotus Lake" and the "Sunlight In the Lotus Lake".
- 2005: Exhibition at the contemporary Art Center, Hanoi. Group exhibition In Bucharest, Romania.
- 2006: Exhibition " Dragon and Butterfly" In Vittoriano - Rome – Italy
- 2008: Have paintings in numbers of Gallery and various collections in many countries such as: USA, France, Sweden, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea.
- 2010 – 2011: Exhibition personal in Hue and Hochiminh, Vietnam.
- 2012: Exhibition personal in Tokyo, Japane.
- His works are mainly “Oil on canvas “in the language of modern realism. His favorite theme is on worshipping objects, which help him express desires of the life. In addition, lotus and banana flowers also are his preferences. Lotus works are emotional expression before natural moving; red banana flowers express devastation inspirationally of intuition.
- 2013 – 2014 : Group Exhibition in Hong Kong and Malaysia
Commission this artist to create a custom piece for your home. Email us what you’re looking for. We’ll speak with the artist and get back to you with details and a price quote.